Thursday 4 March 2010

Computer Issues, More Code, and Toast

My girlfriend's laptop is on the fritz. I think there's a virus on it given how it's acting, though I admit she's usually more cautious about them than I am. That said, I spent a while working on it today and it left me with limited time.

Still, I finished the builder pattern. It works perfectly for the text box I used before, and I imagine it won't have any problems with any other text boxes I make. In the end I had a nasty if/else structure in the processing of the input text, but I spent a long time trying to come up with a better way and couldn't find one. That said I did reduce the redundancy of it by creating method calls to do any repetetive tasks, so while the structure is a bit messy it isn't very wordy.

Tomorrow will see the finalization of the interpreter with the last internalization of the input panels. Aside from that, I got a new book to read from the library. This one is actually one that I'll probably read cover-to-cover rather than as a reference book to pick and choose sections from. It's called "Java Collections: An Introduction to Abstract Data Types, Data Structures, and Algorithms" by David A. Wyatt and Deryck F. Brown. I'm hoping to find the best way of making my JDO classes by reading through it.

In all, a nice and short post, expect more tomorrow.

No comments: