Wednesday 17 March 2010

30 Posts! Consecutive, no less!

Considering the average number of days in a month (in a non-leap year), rounded to the nearest integer (just truncated in a leap year. Yes, I did the math on this) is 30, I'm considering myself one full month of daily blog posts into this. For me, that's pretty impressive, as I'm usually the kind of guy who commits himself to something and then gets bored of it.

That said, I have literally accomplished NOTHING else today. Programming-wise, at least. I did get a new best answer for actual Java-related help on Y! A, but otherwise, nada. Zippo. Zilch. Get the picture? And here I thought I'd have time to do something today.

I did make one decision. In order to practice my object-oriented programming in this upcoming MATLAB assignment, I'm going to strive to achieve well-isolated code. I intend to program the essential workings first, getting the calculations encapsulated and finished, and then work on integrating them into the GUI and everything else. With Java, this is how I program already. With MATLAB, I programmed everything last time top-down. I built the GUI, then made the callbacks, then made the functions. It was actually ridiculous, in hindsight.

Doing things this way will give me the two-fold advantage of having the opportunity to play around with different arrangements and also allowing me to throw together a basic version if I find the optional stuff is taking too long.

And... that's all I've done today. Well, better than nothing. And still, a milestone! I'm happy.

No comments: