Sunday 28 February 2010

And in Health

Felt a bit better today. Still a little more playing around with graphics. I still suck, as if that's a surprise.

Given how Java implements its GUIs, I'm starting to question the usefulness of a visual GUI builder. Every component (essentially) needs to be specifically coded for its task before being placed into the GUI, and the builders don't give much help in that regard. That said, once I actually have the components built, the visual placement of each individual part will be a nice and convenient feature.

More work on the material decoder. I realize decoder is just a word I use because it sounds cool, but I'm sticking with it. Anyway, I haven't gotten far enough to test the output yet because I constantly get distracted, but in theory I'm about at the point where it does what I want it to. I hope to have, at the least, the interpretation graphic working tomorrow, which means the final build of the rest of the piece shouldn't take more than a day thereafter.

All in all, progress made, but not much of note. I'm dedicating tomorrow to working on it.

No comments: